cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade my account ios

Unable to upgrade my account ios

justfitz
Explorer | Level 3

IMG_0888.PNG   I want to use my app store balance to pay for dropbox but ive changed my apple id since then. Any suggestions? Ive cleared my cache, hit restore purchases, and keep getting error 403. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Unable to upgrade my account ios

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @justfitz, thanks for contacting us!

As the message indicates, on your new Apple ID, have you already upgraded another Dropbox account before?

Do you see any existing subscriptions on that Apple ID via their settings?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

justfitz
Explorer | Level 3

I have subscribed before but the subscription was not in my list of subscribed apps (history). I have not subscribed on my new apple id, just from my old one. I just assumed that the id didn't matter as long as it was tied to me. Also there is a current one but I've canceled my current subscription.

Jay
Dropboxer

When you install an app via iOS, you need to sign in with an Apple ID to do so, and the app could then be associated with that Apple ID, despite the fact you have a new one on the phone.

Was the Dropbox app installed using the old Apple ID when you were still using it?

Could you try uninstalling the app, assuming you're not on a Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, and then re-install it under the new Apple ID?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

justfitz
Explorer | Level 3

I just installed it under the new apple id not even a week ago under the current apple id. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. I've already contacted apple to get refunded a second time. So I'm thinking at this point ill have to pay out of pocket for this subscription. My thinking was to use my app store balance to pay for a majority of the yearly subscription. Also I am getting help through twitter support.

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update. It does sound like there was an issue with the subscription method via Apple. 

If you need any further assistance in future, feel free to let us know.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?