cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized account

shardiek
New member | Level 2

Someone has used my credit card information to create an account on dropbox that I have been paying for over the last three months.  I finally was able to look up the transaction history and an <removed> is the one who has created this account.  While this is frustrating enough, I can't get to anyone at dropbox either via email or phone to get this resolved.  It says I have to login using this guy's email to get this resolved.  Well, that's not happening.  This is the most ridiculous circle I have been in for the last 30 minutes just trying to get this resolved.  I will never do business with this company again and am hoping that somone can direct me to the correct place to get this resolved.  Please help!  

1 Reply 1

Re: Unauthorized account

Mark
Super User II

Its not Dropbox you need to talk to its your card company!

Somebody has stolen your card information. You need to get the card stopped - if hes spending on here what else is he going to use it on?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?