cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized charge

Unauthorized charge

ytulpan
Helpful | Level 5

Hi all,

I have been, since last February,  charged $12.78 monthly with the following details:

GOOGLE *DROPBOX 855-836-3987 US

I have gone through google pay on all my accounts and cannot find the charges. I only have a basic dropbox account, mostly unused.

So -

1)  How do I know what account (E-mail) generated the charge.

2) How do I get back my money ($12.78 x 10)

I could not find in the entire Dropbox site any way to email or otherwise contact a live person. This is a shame. At least for unauthorized charges there should be such a possibility.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unauthorized charge

ytulpan
Helpful | Level 5

Jay, thank you so much !

I have an open ticket since a few minutes before I posted. Here it is:

Ticket #11680060: DB: Billing, payments, and subscription changes

I have checked whether it could have been from an Android device. The thing is that none of my Google pay accounts do not show this charge. I don't know whether you can add much information since it is a Google pay transaction and I am taking this up with them as well. However I hope that Dropbox has at least the user ID generating this.

Thanks again, Yossi

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ytulpan, thanks for messaging today!

It seems like this is a charge via the Dropbox mobile app on an Android device. Could you check what Dropbox account you have signed in on your Android, to see if that is the upgraded account.

As this is related to billing matters, you can contact the support team by clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ytulpan
Helpful | Level 5

Jay, thank you so much !

I have an open ticket since a few minutes before I posted. Here it is:

Ticket #11680060: DB: Billing, payments, and subscription changes

I have checked whether it could have been from an Android device. The thing is that none of my Google pay accounts do not show this charge. I don't know whether you can add much information since it is a Google pay transaction and I am taking this up with them as well. However I hope that Dropbox has at least the user ID generating this.

Thanks again, Yossi

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the ticket ID, I've located it on the system and have forwarded it to the appropriate team to look into this further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?