cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undelete more than 30 days if I upgrade?

Undelete more than 30 days if I upgrade?

EpicPartyGuy
New member | Level 2

So I currently have the free plan that has 30 days of deletion protection. I think I deleted the wrong files some time before that. With Professional it's 180 days of protection. If I upgrade now, would I be able to undelete things 180 days from when I upgraded, or is it only things already retained? Long shot I know, but wanted to ask.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Undelete more than 30 days if I upgrade?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @EpicPartyGuy & @Wowsir99; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that even if you upgrade now, you won't be able to restore files deleted more than 30 days ago since your new version history will start on the date of your upgrade moving forward and won't work retrospectively. 

I wish I had a better answer for you and please let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wowsir99
New member | Level 2
I have the same basic question. Someone maliciously deleted all my files/pics, I also can't recover them because its been past 30 days.
PLEASE HELP

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @EpicPartyGuy & @Wowsir99; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that even if you upgrade now, you won't be able to restore files deleted more than 30 days ago since your new version history will start on the date of your upgrade moving forward and won't work retrospectively. 

I wish I had a better answer for you and please let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Wowsir99
New member | Level 2
Thank you for answering my question. I decided, prior to you're answer, to upgrade and see if it worked. You in fact are correct, unfortunately it served me no good 😞 to upgrade as there was nothing available to restore.
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?