cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown payment

Unknown payment

DLG09
Explorer | Level 3

I don't have a Dropbox account, I created it now because I continue receiving payment request on my card from Dropbox. Where this payments come from?

6 Replies 6

Re: Unknown payment

Rich
Super User II

@DLG09 wrote:
I don't have a Dropbox account, I created it now because I continue receiving payment request on my card from Dropbox. Where this payments come from?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

DLG09
Explorer | Level 3
I tried to contact Dropbox without an account, I didn't succeed. I also contacted the bank, but they can't tell me anything because the payment is unauthorized. I'm receiving notifications of several unauthorized payments on Dropbox for 0,80€ and I don't know how to stop this

Rich
Super User II

@DLG09 wrote:
I tried to contact Dropbox without an account, I didn't succeed.

If you follow what I posted above, you'll be able to open a ticket with Support.

Mjer
New member | Level 2

A mi me está pasando lo mismo. Esta mañana dropbox ha intentado realizar 3 operaciones con mi tarjeta de débito y yo no he proporcionado mis datos bancarios. No hay forma de ponerse en contacto con ellos. Exijo una solución porque mi banco la única solución que me da es bloquear mi tarjeta por algo que yo no he hecho. 

DLG09
Explorer | Level 3
Exactly the same problem as mine

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @DLG09 & @Mjer, thanks for joining the Community and sorry to hear about this.

As Rich mentioned, the best way to have a better look into billing issues would be to contact our support team directly.

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill out this form with all the relevant information and an email address we can reach you at. 

You can let me know the ticket IDs here if you'd like me to look into them for you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    DLG09 Explorer | Level 3
    Mjer New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?