cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmerging two dropbox accounts

Unmerging two dropbox accounts

tigransmith
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there,

I have had my own free personal dropbox accounts for years and referred a lot of friends so had around 12GB of space. 

I recently got invited to join my company's Business Dropbox account and it asked me to merge or create another account. I accidently clicked merge and now all of my personal files and space has been added to the company's business account.

Please can someone let me know how to seperate these accounts? I now realise I should have created a new account. 

Thanks,

Tigran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @tigransmith, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

To return to an individual account, you can ask the team's admin to convert you back to one following the steps shown in this article

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @tigransmith, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

To return to an individual account, you can ask the team's admin to convert you back to one following the steps shown in this article

Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tigransmith
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That worked perfectly Lusil - thank you. 

Although before the merge I had 12gb of total space on my Dropbox Account (i referred a lot of friends and have had an account for some time) but now I only have 8gb. Where has this space gone and how do I get it back?

Thanks,
Tigran

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me, @tigransmith

You should see all referrals and their status in your Plan tab, and each referral should equal to 500 MB on a Basic account, and 1 GB if you're on a Plus or Professional subscription. 

If you find that your referrals don't match the total storage reported in your account, let me know and I'd be more than happy to look into it for you. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

tigransmith
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That's very useful thanks again Lusil,

While it looks like most referrals have been calculated correctly I know for a fact I had 12gb of space before the merge and now we've un-merged I only have 8.88GB.

While I'm on a basic account I've had dropbox for over 10 years and referred a lot of people during this time so built up 12gb of space. I wasn't close to having my dropbox folder full and haven't added any files recently but after the merge I've received emails warning me that my dropbox folder is full so there must be a discrepency between how much space i had before the merge and how much I have now after the un-merge.

Thanks,

Tigran

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tigransmith, thanks for checking that out for me. 

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected with your Community profile ,so check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    tigransmith Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?