cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsollicited one-time Dropbox security code

Highlighted

Unsollicited one-time Dropbox security code

New member | Level 2

Hello support,

I just received a one-time Dropbox security code which I did not solicit myself. Could you help me track down why it happened and if someone else tried to logg in to my account?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unsollicited one-time Dropbox security code

Dropboxer
Hey @Ballatryne, sorry to hear about this.

In the case that you don’t have 2fa enabled and you the email you received with the login code is from one of the domains that Dropbox uses, then it could just be our security measure. 

However, due to account-specific and sensitive info required for this matter, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. For this reason, I was able to locate your open request from my side and have assigned it to a specialized member of my team. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you on this. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User II
As has been said nobody will advise here. Its a public forum - you dont want that highly sensitive info on here do you?

You need to log a ticket.

Also for what its worth if you DO have highly sensitive info on your account you really SHOULD have 2FA set up! To not have it set up is almost asking for trouble.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Super User II
As its an account specific enquiry you will need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help.

Once thats done you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there @ReallyRad!

As @Mark mentioned, due to account-sensitive info that may be required so as to further investigate on this, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please make sure to check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Sending me a one time login code I did not apply for is a serious security issue. I migrate to another platform. Safety here is no good.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Thank you ASUS for one year putting my privacy at risk. One year free lousy service. But for now it is bye bye Dropbox. This is not a safe platform.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @Ballatryne, sorry to hear about this.

In the case that you don’t have 2fa enabled and you the email you received with the login code is from one of the domains that Dropbox uses, then it could just be our security measure. 

However, due to account-specific and sensitive info required for this matter, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. For this reason, I was able to locate your open request from my side and have assigned it to a specialized member of my team. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you on this. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I got one of these too, on August 9. Please advise ASAP! I keep some highly sensitive personal docs there.

Highlighted

Super User II
As has been said nobody will advise here. Its a public forum - you dont want that highly sensitive info on here do you?

You need to log a ticket.

Also for what its worth if you DO have highly sensitive info on your account you really SHOULD have 2FA set up! To not have it set up is almost asking for trouble.

- - -

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
My security code
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @MajidAnsari, are you having a similar experience by any chance or are you referring to something different? 

Let us know!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?