Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful Upgrade To Plus

THDB New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Like several others I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to Plus.  I filled in all the information, accepted the terms, and pressed "Buy Now".  The light blue box turned dark blue while I pressed and then went back to light blue.  Nothing else happened:  no response, no indication that it was working on my request, just silence.  After many minutes of searching around, I pressed the button again and got the same non-response.  What must I do to get my request accepted.

6 Replies 6

Re: Unsuccessful Upgrade To Plus

Super User
Super User

Hi THDB, what kind of device and operating system are you using to perform the upgrade? Are you using a browser or the Dropbox app/application? If you're using a browser, which browser is it?

New member | Level 2

Firefox 61.0.2 on Windows 7 Professional

New member | Level 2

The chat help suggested I try another browser.  I was able to use Chrome to upgrade.  No indication why Firefox failed, but here is a possible clue.  My Firefox is set for "private browsing".  I get a message everytime I logon to Dropbox saying that "A new web browser just signed in to your Dropbox account."  Perhaps this mode is interfering with Dropbox's ability to accept my money.  But hundreds of other websites have let me buy things using this browsing mode.  This is the first time I have had this problem.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, I’m glad to hear that the upgrade was successful on another browser.

Generally, issues like this are related to connection issues, either by the ISP/router, or in this instance, the browser itself. Perhaps there were some scripts or extensions running that affected the way the browser was sending the request to upgrade, delaying it or stopping it completely.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Cannot seem to purchase the 2TB plan monthly

mark4man New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Really need to buy 2 TB of storage space, but the online dialog won't seem to let me purchase that on a monthly basis.  what is wrong...is it something I am doing incorrectly...???

Also...what does the 2 GB Dropbox Transfer # mean...does that mean that I cannot upload a file more than 2 GB in size...???

thanx,

mark4man

Re: Cannot seem to purchase the 2TB plan monthly

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @mark4man - welcome to our Community!

I suppose you've tried upgrading through this page - right?

I'm only asking as you should be able to choose your billing frequency upon purchasing the Plus plan Mark.

Therefore, could you send me a screenshot of the screen you've stumbled upon so I can get a better view of the matter at hand? While we're at it, does this persist on another browser?

As per your second inquiry, this refers to our feature called Dropbox Transfer - not your ability to upload files (of any size really) to your Dropbox account. 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?