Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated billing info after failed payment attempt. Can I trigger the system to take a payment now?

RedeemerLeeds New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I received an emailing letting me know that my annual Dropbox payment had failed and that my account will be downgraded in a few weeks' time. I have since updated my billing information, but I can't find anything to trigger Dropbox to attempt to take payment again. Will this happen automatically or is there some way I should be contacting Dropbox?

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply 1

Re: Payment attempt #2 automatic?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @RedeemerLeeds!

As long as your account has not been downgraded yet and you successfully updated the billing information, then the system will try to take a payment again on its own. 

There is no way to 'trigger' it, as you mentioned, but I will pass on your feedback to our team for future consideration!

In the meantime, keep an eye out on your account's Billing tab as you will see the new invoice/receipt come in when the payment does go through. 

I hope this helps - let me know if I can assist with anything else. 

Thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?