cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Address details on my invoices and receipts

Highlighted

Updating Address details on my invoices and receipts

Explorer | Level 3

Ive just spent an hour on your chat room with Derrel.  I need to change the address on my monthly invoices.  We need the address to be correct for Tax reasons.  We have moved offices and therefore have a new office.  But apparently on my account - Dropbox Plus - it is not possible to change the address without cancellinig my sunscription (been a member for circa 10 years) and re-registering with a new address.  Surely this is a stupid amount of work to overcome something that must be happening every day with thousands of your account holders?  

I am concerned that I will lose 2TB of data if I cancel my account - only to have to re-register again?

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Updating Address details on my invoices and receipts

Dropboxer

Hi there @RhettLego, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I just located your post in our "Share an idea" section, and I've moved it here to look into this further with you.

Since you mentioned reaching out to our Support team, would you mind sharing your ticket number (eg. #1234567) with me so I can check on this from my side?

Also, could you clarify for me if you would be changing the country or currency when updating your billing info?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne  Ticket number is 

Ticket #11396932: Dropbox Support Chat

Country remains Germany and currency remains EUR  All we have done is changed Office addressed by 3km and the address on the invoice needs to be correct for our taxation.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you further

Rhett

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi Rhett; thanks for the follow up here.

I just wanted to mention that the information provided in your first post is correct. The only way to do this would be to cancel your current subscription and once the account has been downgraded, re-upgrade to the Plus plan using your new information.

You don't need to worry about losing files as no files would be deleted, although sync would pause for the time being before you upgrade again.

Apart from that, it is important to note that cancellation of your subscription will remove any add-ons you may currently be eligible for (like our previously offered Extended Version history for example). 

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Team - I must say I am flabbergasted at your response.

In an extremely competiive market place where I can go to iCloud, Microsofts cloud storeage solutions, Google and a raft of other solutions, the solution you propose to YOUR problem of not being able to provide me with a valid tax invoice (with the right address) is to tell me to cancel my subscription, and re create the same so I can add a new address AND loose benifets along the way such as add ons and additional storeage benefits DOES just not make sense.

I am paying USD120 per annum for this sub-par solution.

I really think you need to look inwardly and fix YOUR problem rather than making me, the client fix it for you, lest you lose anotjer client!  I am posting this to Facebook now as well to tell the world.

Rhett

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?