cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade and Cancel?

AnderaMa
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have a free basic DropBox plan, but l have to upgrade because l have to study some material which is linked on a Dropbox of someone else and l need to upgrade to download that material.  However l want to upgrade, then download the material and cancel Dropbox straight away ones l have downloaded what l needed.  I don't need Dropbox and l only want to upgrade the least needed and cancel without incurring in yearly billing because l don't need DropBox.

How do I do that?

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@AnderaMa wrote:

However l want to upgrade, then download the material and cancel Dropbox straight away ... How do I do that?

Upgrade to a Plus account and pay monthly. That's the least expensive option at $9.99 per month. Once you're upgraded, wait a day and then you can cancel your subscription. You can probably cancel right away, but I'd wait a day to be safe.

Once you cancel, you'll retain your current account benefits until your next billing cycle (end of your current billing month) when the account will be downgraded back to a Basic account.

AnderaMa
Explorer | Level 3
Thank you so much for your message! When l join this monthly plan, do l have to pay every month for a year, or after the first monthly payment l want to quit, l can downgrade to basic again without having to pay further months? I would really appreciate your answer on this detail. Thank you very much!

Andrea

Lori
Dropboxer
Happy Wednesday @AnderaMa

Keep in mind that each plan is automatically upgraded.

With that being said, if you choose to purchase the monthly plan, you'd need to cancel it on your end before the month ends. 

I hope this clarifies.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AnderaMa
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Thank you very much.

So I just wanted to clarify to be 100% sure:

If l join the monthly plan, l can quit at any time without being involved in further payments?
Or if l quit - say the first month - l will still have to pay all the following months for a year?

Thank you 🙏🏻
Andr.

Rich
Super User II

@AnderaMa wrote:
If l join the monthly plan, l can quit at any time without being involved in further payments?

Yes.

AnderaMa
Explorer | Level 3
Okay, thank you 👍
Need more support?