cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgraded and paid for Business Advanced and now Dropbox is frozen at 3TB! Help!

Helpful | Level 5

I just upgraded to Business Advanced (Unlimited space) from Standard (5TB limit) and now I am frozen at 3TB!  It's after support hours and I have to deliver a project this weekend.    Once I submitted the order to switch plans I was immediately met with a message saying "Your plan has scheduled changes that will cause your Dropbox to become full."   Wait what!  I literally just paid more money and switched the plan to unlimited, only to now be frozen at 3TB.   

This has really hosed my plans for delivering a project with several large files this weekend.   

Shouldn't the plan just switch over and caps on data limits be removed?   Very disappointing, this transition should be seamless and just work.   

Can anyone offer some help please?  

Thank you,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upgraded and paid for Business Advanced and now Dropbox is frozen at 3TB! Help!

Helpful | Level 5

So, after about an hour or two after upgrading I received an email from Dropbox saying they have added space to my account.    So all is well now, but in those couple of hours of ambiguity was a lot of unneeded concern and stress.   

Dropbox is a great platform, but this was a terrible user experience.    When users are at their limit and pay for more space, they should simply see their space increase, not be presented with a warning saying what they just did has put them over a limit which is less than what they had before upgrading!    

The weeks leading up to my upgrade I had wonderful experiences with Melinda and Danny in the tech support departments and I had upgraded with the peace of mind that if something weird were to happen that I could get on the phone and sort it out with their competent techs.   Not the case.   I had never noticed that support is only offered Monday - Friday.    So the inability to speak with someone in sales / upgrading, or tech after spending the money was disappointing.   

All that being said,  Dropbox is a great platform I just hope that UX can be improved for those upgrading so that they don't have the same experience I had.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Upgraded and paid for Business Advanced and now Dropbox is frozen at 3TB! Help!

Helpful | Level 5

So, after about an hour or two after upgrading I received an email from Dropbox saying they have added space to my account.    So all is well now, but in those couple of hours of ambiguity was a lot of unneeded concern and stress.   

Dropbox is a great platform, but this was a terrible user experience.    When users are at their limit and pay for more space, they should simply see their space increase, not be presented with a warning saying what they just did has put them over a limit which is less than what they had before upgrading!    

The weeks leading up to my upgrade I had wonderful experiences with Melinda and Danny in the tech support departments and I had upgraded with the peace of mind that if something weird were to happen that I could get on the phone and sort it out with their competent techs.   Not the case.   I had never noticed that support is only offered Monday - Friday.    So the inability to speak with someone in sales / upgrading, or tech after spending the money was disappointing.   

All that being said,  Dropbox is a great platform I just hope that UX can be improved for those upgrading so that they don't have the same experience I had.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I am in the same boat right now . Just upgraded to Unlimited but I dont know how long would I have to wait while all of my works are now stuck !

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?