cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgraded subscription with Apple App Store, but Dropbox doesn't recognize that I did.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I upgraded to Dropbox Plus - Monthly yesterday through Apple App Store Credit. I contacted Apple Support and they said it went though. I have the receipt saying I paid. When I go to the dropbox app, it will not update and still says I have a basic account. Apple said that because everything was good on their end, I need to contact Dropbox. Please help. 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Upgraded subscription with Apple App Store, but Dropbox doesn't recognize that I did.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @glitterpug, thanks for messaging today!

Can you see any confirmed or attempted payments on this page?

Could you try activating the upgrade on your mobile app using the steps in this article?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Upgraded subscription with Apple App Store, but Dropbox doesn't recognize that I did.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Restoring purchases did not fix the problem (recieved "operation couldn't be completed" dropbox.com error 403). Aplle subscriptions confirms that I am subscribed and I have been charged and have an Apple receipt but no upgraded Dropbox. Also tried logging out from account, deleting the app, downloading it again and logging in. Still nothing. Would like to have this recified.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ChristieD, thanks for reaching out to us on this thread. 

To have a better look into this, due to account-specific info that'll be required, could you contact our Support team via this link, without signing in, using an incognito window?

If you'd like, you can also get back to us here with the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that'll be created upon submitting your request, so that we can pass your comments along. 

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions or trouble along the way. Thanks!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have exactly the same issue. Except I’ve now paid 30 months at £8.99 to Apple for a Dropbox upgrade which was never applied. It wasn’t until this month that Dropbox started messaging me saying not enough space. I thought this was bizarre as I’d got Plus. So I deleted some files and then saw it said Basic. I upgraded through Dropbox which redirected me to Apple store. Apple say Dropbox owe me the refund, Dropbox say it’s an Apple problem. Two huge rich companies neither of which is accepting responsibility. I can’t call Dropbox as I’m a personal customer and they don’t value us enough to give phone support! It’s so frustrating. Have paid for something for over 2 years that I never received.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @JoAllman, thanks for nudging us and sorry hear about your frustration. 

Since you mention that you've contacted our Support team, could you please let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that you have?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?