cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from DB Plus to Family seems expensive for what you get in return. Am I missing something?

Highlighted

Upgrading from DB Plus to Family seems expensive for what you get in return. Am I missing something?

Explorer | Level 4

I just got a notification that I can now upgrade my current Plus account to a family account, and thus share a Dropbox storage with up to 6 family members.

That sounds interesting, but when I looked further into the details of the offer it would cost me 80€ more, and I get no extra storage for that. The only thing we would gain is ... access rights for 5 additional people. To the same amount of storage as I have now. For almost double the price. Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upgrading from DB Plus to Family seems expensive for what you get in return. Am I missing som...

Dropboxer

Hello there @Siska, thanks for checking in with us. 

You can find all the relevant information about the features offered with the Dropbox Family plan in this article

If you have any other questions or you come across any other issues though, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Upgrading from DB Plus to Family seems expensive for what you get in return. Am I missing som...

Dropboxer

Hello there @Siska, thanks for checking in with us. 

You can find all the relevant information about the features offered with the Dropbox Family plan in this article

If you have any other questions or you come across any other issues though, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

Thanks again!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Lusil, that indeed answers my question.

So the family plan contains:

Dropbox Family is a plan with shared storage space of 2TB that can be used by up to 6 members, age 13 and older.

With the Family plan, each family member has

- their own Dropbox account where they can securely store and organize their files and folders

- the ability to share files and folders with other users

- access their content from a variety of devices with the Dropbox desktop app, mobile app, and on dropbox.com.

At this moment all my family members already have a free Dropbox account, with which they can already do all of that. They do have less storage space, but that 's all the difference.

Now I pay €120/year for 2TB of storage. What upgrading to a family plan would mean to us is that we don't get much extra. Only my family members get to share my current storage. That's not much for €80.

So I think I'll skip this one, thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

No worries, @Siska. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

As I said previously, if anything else comes up in the future, we're only just a post away. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?