cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrading... will this help all of us sharing one folder?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi all! I am working on a project with a group of people. We have a shared DropBox folder (free). It's now too big and fills up all of our space. So... what is the best way to deal with this? Do we all need to upgrade to a paid account? Or would the person who "owns" that folder be the one to upgrade... and all of us have access to is? I am not sure how this works. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upgrading... will this help all of us sharing one folder?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, I think I just replied to you in another thread!

Assuming the folder is greater than the amount of quota on a Basic account (2 GB), then all members of the shared folder will need to upgrade to at least a Plus account for 1 TB of quota.

This is because shared folders take up space in all members accounts to avoid stacking free accounts and shared folders for ‘free’ quota.

Hope this clarifies matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, I think I just replied to you in another thread!

Assuming the folder is greater than the amount of quota on a Basic account (2 GB), then all members of the shared folder will need to upgrade to at least a Plus account for 1 TB of quota.

This is because shared folders take up space in all members accounts to avoid stacking free accounts and shared folders for ‘free’ quota.

Hope this clarifies matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes it does! Thank you so much. Makes sense.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?