cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Uploading very large files (300GB)

Uploading very large files (300GB)

Andrew G.36
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

uploading very large files

I have tried to upload a 300GB file to dropbox (I have 1TB capacity) using the Mac desktop application and I am being informed that there isn't enough free space. I bought this extra memory as dropbox write:"Files uploaded to Dropbox via the desktop application or mobile apps have no file size limit". Am I doing something wrong?

12 Replies 12

Nick D.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a 66GB file on my local drive, and a 1TB Dropbox Pro account. I have been trying to upload a 66GB file for three days now without success.

I also tried splitting the file and less than half of the split files have been uploaded.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

How are you uploading the file and what errors are you getting?

If you're trying to upload the file through the website you won't be able to as it has a file size limit of 10GB. For files larger than 10GB you need to download and install the Dropbox client. This will create a local Dropbox folder on your computer and sync everything in your account. Simply place your file in that folder and wait for it to sync. Be patient, because a 66GB file will take a long time to upload.

Nick D.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have used the local drop box folder...I would have thought 3 days would be enough. If it's really taking that long it will be faster for me ship a hdd.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nick D.21 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Andrew G.36 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?