cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus. I received an email from Drop box that has a virus. I need to warn Dropbox

Highlighted

Virus. I received an email from Drop box that has a virus. I need to warn Dropbox

Explorer | Level 3

I received an email from DropBox.com that said it was a DropBox Transfer. It says there is attached some files to be downloaded that came from a Periodontic Lab in Launceston (Tasmania). This Lab does exist. I did not trust it and called that Lab. It turns out it was fake and contains a virus. I have been trying to notify the Drop Box staff but I get nowhere. It is impossible to contact them unless it is about something to do with my account. The Drop Bot is totally useless. No matter what I ask it always says I can change my email address and tells me how. I found the Drop box phone number for Sydney (NSW Australia), but they don't answer the phone. Some operator tells me  they cannot complete the call and to try later. Obviously this is a serious matter and I find it appalling I cannot contact Dropbox directly. Can anyone help please.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Virus. I received an email from Drop box that has a virus. I need to warn Drop Box

Dropboxer

Hi there @Gershon1, thanks for posting here. 

The best route to take is to forward the email to abuse@dropbox.com, where the team will be able to review it accordingly. 

You can also have a look at this article which includes some information on how you can protect yourself from phishing and viruses. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Virus. I received an email from Drop box that has a virus. I need to warn Drop Box

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil, Thank you very much. I just sent an email to the address you provided. Hopefully they will do something about the problem. Cheers, Gershon Goldsteen
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil, I just looked at the site you suggested. This was clearly prepared by Drop Box. Why was this info not available on its website so I would not have wasted a few hours trying to contact them. I asked them in the email I sent to abuse@dropbox.com why there is no easy way to contact them. Thanks again Gershon

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?