cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to delete my account - no option available in General setting

Want to delete my account - no option available in General setting

audrey smondack
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I want to delete my account and everything, doc anfd files related BUT unlike what it is said in help center there NO "delete account" option in General settings. Please procede ASAP !!

I'm furious I cannot simply delete in a click. This is my right as a user so I would appreciate this to be done right away.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@audrey smondack wrote:

I want to delete my account ... there NO "delete account" option in General settings.

The option to delete your account should be found at the bottom of your Account page. If you're a member of a team then you won't be able to delete your account. You would need to contact the team admin in that case.

f9459b14733f66d28528fbeddbd9d77c.png

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@audrey smondack wrote:

I want to delete my account ... there NO "delete account" option in General settings.

The option to delete your account should be found at the bottom of your Account page. If you're a member of a team then you won't be able to delete your account. You would need to contact the team admin in that case.

f9459b14733f66d28528fbeddbd9d77c.png

audrey smondack
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi there !

Thanks for your reply.

There is no delete button at the bottom of my account page (Account > general settings), nor am I part of team, or if so, I'm the admin because I create my account long time ago and shared it with two other people.

Any solution ?

audrey smondack
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Oooook! Now I get it!!

I was indeed part of a team I created myself ! This is why.

Your intel on the team thing helped me, gosh!

I deleted the team, which automatically kicked me out, and then the button delete account appeared! Woohoo !

Thanks!

EvaWitt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

I need help regarding the account deletion: I've already gone through the step-by-step description and even tried the direct link I found somewhere. However, I cannot get the delete option under my settings and whenever I try the direct link, I need to sign-in again and get redirected. Please help me, I really do not need my Dropbox account and want to get rid of it.. 

Thanks and BR,

Eva

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @EvaWitt, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here so that I can point you to Rich's reply above.

Otherwise, if you see your account's plan showing as "Basic" then you might be part of a free team. In this case, you can follow these steps to leave the team and you should see the option then.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gracesara
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've followed the instructions to delete my account but there is no delete account option under Plan. What do I do? 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @gracesara, I hope you're well today!

When you have the chance please check out the posts in this thread here. I moved your comment over here as you're having the same issue as the OP.

Let me know if the info here helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Michael123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I delete this account please? I see the option to delete in another account but this one does not. Please help as I need to urgently.

nillosoa
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi!
To delete your account you should visit https://www.dropbox.com/account with a browser like Google Chrome or Firefox, and in the General tab, scroll down to the “Delete Account” section and follow the described steps.
Keep in mind that deleting your account is something that can’t be undone.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ocr New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
    confused user New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?