cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to delete my account - no option available in General setting

Want to delete my account - no option available in General setting

audrey smondack
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I want to delete my account and everything, doc anfd files related BUT unlike what it is said in help center there NO "delete account" option in General settings. Please procede ASAP !!

I'm furious I cannot simply delete in a click. This is my right as a user so I would appreciate this to be done right away.

28 Replies 28

huberimesch
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I followed the steps on https://help.dropbox.com/de-de/accounts-billing/create-delete/delete-account but I dont have the option to delete my account. So can please somebody help me or give me an email so I can contact support directly?

Thank you

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I hope you're well today @huberimesch!

When you have the time, please check out my post here to see if that does the trick.

Give me a nudge if you have any questions or trouble with this!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

I_want_to_quit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This Company SUCKS - They won't let me speak to a person, The phone number on my bill they send every month is a non-working number and the guy on chat can't even help me to cancel my account!!!!
I am following the instructions exactly.

Dropbox Basic users
Sign in to dropbox.com.
Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the upper right corner.
Click Settings.
Under General, click Delete account.

However, There is NO DELETE option under General!!

Frank

Does anyone know how to Cancel this Fing thing!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @I_want_to_quit, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

If your account is Basic, it may be that you're account is part of a free team. Please check out my previous post here, and let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

confused user
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a problem deleting my dropbox account. Followed the guides from Dropbox but can't find the "delete" button.

Tried to contact Dropbox for this problem but the webpage keeps looping me without any resolution.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@confused user wrote:

I have a problem deleting my dropbox account. Followed the guides from Dropbox but can't find the "delete" button.

ocr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

in settings > general, i can't find "delete my account". these are the steps dropbox gives and they are wrong. do you know how to delete an account? thank you.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you a part of a Team at all? If so you need to leave that first and then go to www.dropbox.com/account and scroll down to the bottom of the page

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ocr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it was that, solved, thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ocr New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
    confused user New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?