cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was paying $13.99 au now charging $16.99au

Was paying $13.99 au now charging $16.99au

JHS25
Explorer | Level 3
My debit card that my subscription was billed to expired.
I was paying $13.99 au 2 months ago but now I can only refresh my debit card details if they charge me $16.99 au.
How can get my account back with the original $13.99 plan??
9 Replies 9

Re: Was paying $13.99 au now charging $16.99au

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @JHS25, thanks for posting today!

It sounds like there might have been an increase in the cost for the subscription, which could be related to a tax or VAT increase.

It wouldn't be possible to return to the older price if a new price is being shown.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JHS25
Explorer | Level 3
Then why is everyone else I know still paying $13.99 a month?

Jay
Dropboxer
Were you and they paying directly via the Dropbox site, or via the Dropbox mobile app, which would go to iTunes or Google Play?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JHS25
Explorer | Level 3
I believe it was Google Play.
The monthly direct debits were displayed as GOOGLE*DROPBOX.

Jay
Dropboxer
If you try to purchase from the Dropbox site, is the price the same as that offered by Google Play?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JHS25
Explorer | Level 3
Different prices but still can't find how to go back to the same $13.99 i was paying. The best is $184.67 for the year.
I just want to pay the same amount for the same service I had. If I can't get the $13.99 a month then I'll just use Google Drive instead. Can you please tell me how to resubscribe for $13.99 a month?

Mark
Super User II

It isnt possible I'm afraid as @Jay said to pay a different price to what is being shown. There has obviously been a price change or a tax change in your region. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JHS25
Explorer | Level 3
Nope, several colleagues of mine still paying $13.99.

Mark
Super User II

Yes, but they will almost certainly move to updated pricing at some point soon - there is always a cross over period. 

If they were to cancel etc. now and rejoin they'd also pay the updated pricing. 

As Jay said - the price on website is what is the price now. It isnt possible to change accounts for that

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    JHS25 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?