Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We had problems loading your deleted files. Please try again later.

Helpful | Level 5

Trying to permanently delete .thor virus files but can't access deleted files folder, getting message that says "We had problems loading your deleted files. Please try again later." I'm afraid to wait because I don't want these viruses to infect my other files/folders. Virus was added addidentally by someone I share a folder with.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: We had problems loading your deleted files. Please try again later.

Helpful | Level 5

UPDATE: I followed your suggested article links to help/25 and help/40 and was able to permanently delete the files using another method (showing deleted files by clicking the trash can icon, then permanently deleting them from within the infected folder). However, I still can not access my Deleted Files folder...still getting message that says "We had problems loading your deleted files. Please try again later." 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Open a ticket with Dropbox Support.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Rich, already submitted a ticket on the same day I posted my first message.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

UPDATE #2: Since I still wasn't able to access the Deleted Files folder I decided to try one more thing. Here are the steps I took that seem to have solved the problem:

1. Opened the infected folder in my browser
  2. Clicked the trash can icon next to the Search bar to "Show Deleted Files"
  3. Permanently deleted all instances of files ending with .thor
  4. Permanently deletedall instances of files with names like _WHAT_is.html
  5. Permanently deleted all instances of files attributed to the person who infected the folder (their name appears in the Modified column)
  6. Clicked the trash can icon to "Hide Deleted Files"

After I did all that, I was able to successfully access my Deleted Files Folder.

Hope that helps anyone else who's folder(s) may have been infected by a shared folder participant.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?