cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web access to Dropbox via google account requires" "See and make a copy of your Google Contacts".

Highlighted

Web access to Dropbox via google account requires" "See and make a copy of your Google Contacts".

Explorer | Level 3

Someone wants to share some files with my google account via their dropbox account. To access the files, I have to sign in to dropbox web with my google account, and allow dropbox to: "See and make a copy of your Google Contacts"

It is totally unacceptabe that to see a file someone shared with me, I have to share all my contacts to dropbox, and there is no option to say no. 

I told the user to share via onedrive or google drive instead.  Problem solved.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Web access to dropbox via google account requires" "See and make a copy of your Google

Dropboxer

Hi @asdfasdf1, we appreciate the feedback.

This is a default permission, however, you can delete the automatically added contacts using these steps.

Additionally, you don’t need to sign into the Dropbox site using Google Sign In, you can create a Dropbox account using your Gmail address.

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Web access to dropbox via google account requires" "See and make a copy of your Google

Dropboxer

Hi @asdfasdf1, we appreciate the feedback.

This is a default permission, however, you can delete the automatically added contacts using these steps.

Additionally, you don’t need to sign into the Dropbox site using Google Sign In, you can create a Dropbox account using your Gmail address.

I hope this helps to clarify matters!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Web access to Dropbox via google account requires" "See and make a copy of your Google

New member | Level 2
I'm pretty freaked out by this. Eeeeek!!!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RLE New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?