cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web browser's can't be dropped from current sign-in list.

Web browser's can't be dropped from current sign-in list.

branton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The Settings -> Security page has a list of web browsers currently signed into my Dropbox account.  Many of these browser sessions show the most recent activity to be several months or years ago.  When I click on the trash-can icon by each one, I see the message "Successfully logged out of remote web session."  However, the entry does not disappear from the list, even after the page is refreshed.  Is this typical behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

branton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Your post gave me another idea -- the "Security Check" procedure on the Security page.  I find that it allows me to review each active browser session and to successfully delete the outdated ones.  I'm not sure why I can't do this directly from the Security page.  But this workaround is fine, I suppose.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scotty_Boy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I experienced the same behavior with a very old dropbox web session on my dropbox security tab as well this afternoon. I thought I would try logging out and back into my dropbox.com session. When I tried to log back into my dropbox web account, dropbox prompted me for a password reset as part of their security protocol. After resetting my password and logging in, all my previous signed-in web browser sessions were gone except the current one.

I would think though there would be another means of refreshing the signed-in browser list other than resetting one's password. Hopefully someone else in the community knows what those options are.

branton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you.  I just tried that as well -- signing out and signing back in again.  I was not presented with a required password update, and still see the same list of old browser sessions.

branton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Your post gave me another idea -- the "Security Check" procedure on the Security page.  I find that it allows me to review each active browser session and to successfully delete the outdated ones.  I'm not sure why I can't do this directly from the Security page.  But this workaround is fine, I suppose.

VickieB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, that worked

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

VickieB Explorer | Level 4
    branton New member | Level 2
    Scotty_Boy New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?