cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdness with personal account set up 'under' a business account

Weirdness with personal account set up 'under' a business account

jhyde
New member | Level 2

First time contributor here - I'll try to keep this clean and concise. 

A former employer used Dropbox. When I joined I took the necessary steps to get access to the business Dropbox folders, on my Mac, and when I did that Dropbox asked me if I would like to set up a personal account, I guess 'alongside' the business account. I recall reading in the personal account setup instructions that because I also had access to the business account, I would get a certain amount of storage free, and that if the business account went away for whatever reason, I would still have access to my personal folders. I set up the personal account and added the business and personal Dropbox folders to my Finder sidebar, on my home Mac and work Mac, for easy access.

Fast forward a few years, and I left the business in question. I still have access to the Dropbox personal folders via my Finder sidebar, and can still add/view/delete files from either my home or work Mac (e.g. the Dropbox is still working). I had set up my preferences to download local file copies, so I can also see where those files are stored on my Mac. As a safety precaution, I also want to be able to access the files from dropbox.com. When, however, I log on to dropbox.com using my personal email address and password, it logs me on and shows me an empty dropbox. Does anyone have advice on how I can access the files I see on my Finder Dropbox folder on dropbox.com ? 

I don't recall the full details of setting up the personal account, but I do know that if I was prompted for a personal email at that time, I would have used the personal address noted above - because it's the only one I have.

Any help humbly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Weirdness with personal account set up 'under' a business account

jhyde
New member | Level 2

Me again - 10,000 apologies for wasting the time of this noble forum - I think I resolved my own issue, at least to a certain extent - I can now see the relevant files/folders on dropbox.com, although they apparently have not synched to recent changes I made using the Mac - I'll sort that out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Weirdness with personal account set up 'under' a business account

jhyde
New member | Level 2

Me again - 10,000 apologies for wasting the time of this noble forum - I think I resolved my own issue, at least to a certain extent - I can now see the relevant files/folders on dropbox.com, although they apparently have not synched to recent changes I made using the Mac - I'll sort that out.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?