cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The price... upgrading the package ?

Highlighted

What happen to my annual payment on my Plus when I go to Professional?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

If I have an annual plus package and I want to upgrade to a professional package ... I will have to pay a new annual fee or the price already paid for my annual package will be deducted from the total price?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User II

If you upgrade from Plus to Professional you'll pay the pro-rated difference between the two price plans based on the amount of time left on your current subscription. Then, at your next renewal date, you would pay the full cost of the renewal.

For instance, when I upgraded from Plus to Professional I still had 3 days remaining on my Plus subscription. The upgrade to Professional cost me $3.56. Then, three days later, my subscription renewed at the $199 rate for Professional.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II

If you upgrade from Plus to Professional you'll pay the pro-rated difference between the two price plans based on the amount of time left on your current subscription. Then, at your next renewal date, you would pay the full cost of the renewal.

For instance, when I upgraded from Plus to Professional I still had 3 days remaining on my Plus subscription. The upgrade to Professional cost me $3.56. Then, three days later, my subscription renewed at the $199 rate for Professional.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Thanks a lot

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Rich,

Can you help me understand - I've been forced to upgrade from Plus 1TB to 2TB at an additional $72 a year when I don't want the additonal storage. How can they do that??

Highlighted

Super User II

@aimeemaloney wrote:

Can you help me understand - I've been forced to upgrade from Plus 1TB to 2TB at an additional $72 a year when I don't want the additonal storage. How can they do that??

They can do it because you agreed to allow them to do it when you signed up for the service. Like any other subscription service company, they reserve the right to increase fees when necessary. This is part of the terms that you agreed to by signing up for the service.

From here: https://www.dropbox.com/terms

5e1aa88416ab194a686d66b584bed768.png

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?