cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happened to my 10GB???

Chris_J
Super User

This is mostly a user-based forum, to get an official word, please remember, this may not be Dropbox issue but those who promoted it.

To get an official response, submit a Support Ticket
https://www.dropbox.com/support

Also you can follow up with Ticket via zendesk
http://dropbox.zendesk.com

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

Yes, I have submitted a help ticket to dropbox already and was not happy with the initial response. Telling me (without showing me where it is stated) that it was a one year promotion. Then prompting me to get more space by jumping through other hoops (getting more friends to join and/or adding more services).

If dropbox is sponsoring / supporting this event, then they should be more careful how they are represented. I would think that they would have made sure that the promotional rules were more clear. This detail is far from clear.

I want other dropbox users that are searching for answers to understand what has happened so far.

I have also posted on code.org forums which do post "official" answers.

Thanks for the zendesk info.

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

Have been in contact with code.org regarding these issues. They have apologized for the lack of clarity and have updated the terms and conditions to show these details: http://hourofcode.com/us/prizes-terms

They added the 1 year expiration and inability to give the 10 GB to the same dropbox user account for a second time.

Still not happy about these issues, but at least they are making the proper steps to clear this up in the future.

Dropbox, you can do better. Dropbox should be more aware of what is being promoted and could EASILY fix this by at least letting repeat participants renew the 10 GB on the same account for this year.

Dropbox gets good PR and advertising by being a sponsor for this event. How about making this event look good by doing the right thing here?

If this does not happen, I will be looking for an alternative service, of which there are many...

Chris_J
Super User

Barton
thanks for posting what you found

If this does not happen, I will be looking for an alternative service, of which there are many...

Really, you think making a demand like that is going to change anything? Dropbox is well known and have been promoting their api and stuff.

How about making this event look good by doing the right thing here?

what is the right thing? according to your opinion? Then again, I don't work for Dropbox. I also pay for my services. and seen it many a time, that most of those who do the complaining is those who do not pay a thing. Those who expect others to fit the bill for what? eternity?

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

Chris,

You really feel the need to defend dropbox? Why? They can't look for themselves?

The only people that would probably even read this forum are people that are effected by this issue.

Yes, making reasonable demands is often how things change. As a matter of fact, code.org has made changes as of today.

They were part of a promotion that was clearly misrepresented. Code.org has pretty much agreed with me on this, apologized, and as of today, changed the terms and conditions on there website to reflect this. I can send you links to those forums if you would like to verify this.

Dropbox has not bothered to reply to my last email, a reply to their email in which they asked if me if I have other questions...

Dropbox was part of this promotion and received good PR & good advertising in return for it. This means it was money well spent or donated on their part. Probably a write off because code.org is a non profit.

True, I do not pay, but why should I pay for a service that is offered for free?

10 GB of cloud space is nothing today, and yes they could easily afford to give it out to the educators that they offered the "gift" to last year. Don't worry, I don't think it is going to cost you anything.

My issue is that they offered it, without stating it expires, then took it away without warning. And now, after people have already participated in the program, they are not renewing it on the same accounts, even after promoting it again. And only now are they updating their terms to reveal these details up front.

Organizations can and should be held accountable for making unclear claims. Code.org has already pretty much confirmed/ agreed that it was not clear enough.

And yes, I believe I am entitled to express my opinion in a forum.

Enough said.

Happy Holidays! : )

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?