cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my 10GB from hosting the "Hour of Code" event?

What happened to my 10GB from hosting the "Hour of Code" event?

William N.2
New member | Level 1

I just lost the 10GB I was given for hosting a Hour of Code event last year... it is now gone. Where did it go?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: What happened to my 10GB???

Chris_J
Super User

This is mostly a user-based forum, to get an official word, please remember, this may not be Dropbox issue but those who promoted it.

To get an official response, submit a Support Ticket
https://www.dropbox.com/support

Also you can follow up with Ticket via zendesk
http://dropbox.zendesk.com

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Lance G.
New member | Level 1

The same thing happened to me. Where did it go?

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

Same here... 10 GB gone.

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

Really not happy that dropbox would take the 10 GB before allowing us to redeem the new 10 GB for participating this year (which my students did). Did anyone ever read that there was an expiration date? I looked back at the old emails that promoted the free space and no where was it clear that is was a limited time offer. Very bad PR if that is the case.

Here is info from this year (from code.org). No mention of an expiration date. BTW it says that we should have been contacted about redeeming this year's prize by December 14.

Prizes - terms and conditions

Dropbox space or Skype credit:

The 10 GB of Dropbox space or $10 of Skype credit are limited to K-12 faculty, educators for afterschool clubs, and education organizations. The 10 GB of free space must be added to an existing Dropbox account. Limit one redemption per organizer.

Every organizer must register for the Hour of Code in order to receive the Dropbox space or Skype credit. If your entire school participates in the Hour of Code, each educator must individually register as an organizer to qualify.

Code.org will contact organizers after the Hour of Code (Dec. 8-14) to provide instructions for redeeming Dropbox space or Skype credit.

Tim S.
New member | Level 2

Same thing: 10GB just gone, no warning, no explanation. The Hour of Code 10GB allocation (2013) did not specify 1 year only. What the hell?!?!?

Tim S.
New member | Level 2

I've searched all of the promo text from last year (Dec 2013). NOTHING about 1 year only:

"EVERY educator who organizes an Hour of Code will receive 10GB of free DropBox storage as a thank you gift."
"And of course, we promised 10 GB of Dropbox space as a thank you"

Rebecca B.1
New member | Level 1

Same thing happened to me.

Rebecca B.1
New member | Level 1

Just got a response from Dropbox support about this issue: It was indeed a promotion that lasted for one year and then expired. Wish they would have made that clear from the beginning before I used so much of the space up!

Barton H.
New member | Level 1

It would be nice to get an official answer from dropbox here. Please show us exactly where it says that it was only a one year promotion. I have searched code.org FAQs and Terms & Conditions and not not found it yet.

Shouldn't it be a little but easier to find a detail like that?

If I just missed it... I apologize. But otherwise, I feel mislead.

In any event, if we participated this year (which I did), we should have received a continuation of the 10GB promotion without interruption. Even if we did not participate, there should have been a warning email of the impending loss of 10 GB and loss of use (until we clear files out).

Mister R.
New member | Level 1

So, you give us a gift, then come take it away (without any notice or explanation) a year later. Gee, thanks!

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Barton H. New member | Level 1
    Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?