cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my paid personal plan when I joined a Business team?

Highlighted

What happened to my paid personal plan when I joined a Business team?

Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I had a question regarding joining a shared Dropbox business account. I already had an account which I paid a yearly fee. And when I joined an invitational Dropbox business account with someone else I didn't realize that my original account would essentially be dissolved into the new shared account. I'm curious, since there's another admin of this Dropbox business account, will my subscription be cancelled for the original account that I was currently paying for? Or will I still have to pay for the subscription for the original account? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox account payment details

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Marc Mathias, I hope you're having a good week so far!

When a paid personal account joins a Business team, the remainder of your subscription for the personal plan will be refunded.

It will be prorated depending on how much time was left on your current billing cycle, and the subscription is cancelled.

You can follow the steps outlined here for the steps on where you can check out more details about this for your account.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Marc Mathias, I hope you're having a good week so far!

When a paid personal account joins a Business team, the remainder of your subscription for the personal plan will be refunded.

It will be prorated depending on how much time was left on your current billing cycle, and the subscription is cancelled.

You can follow the steps outlined here for the steps on where you can check out more details about this for your account.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Ok perfect thank you!
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I was just invited to join a business team and when asked if i would like to 'combine' or 'keep separate' I have inadvertantly clicked 'combine' and now have essentially lost my original personal account. Is there a way to 'undo' this??! Please help!!!!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @KimmyHogan!

There would be two options I could suggest here to "restore" your personal account.

You can ask the team admin to remove you from the team and choose to convert the account back to an individual account. Then, they can re-invite you to the team and you can choose the correct option when joining.

The other option would be to create a new personal account under a different email, and then move your personal content to the new account by sharing a folder with the content. Then, you can transfer the ownership to the new account.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for your response, I did end up finding a 'convert to personal account' article and followed the steps and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your help

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @KimmyHogan!

I'd be happy to help if there's anything else you need. 😁

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?