cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I downgrade from Business to Plus Individual

Highlighted

What happens when I downgrade from Business to Plus Individual

New member | Level 2
Hi DropBox Community Forum 😊👍🌟

I’ve had a free account
D/Box account for many years and due to a new business startup I needed more space so I signed up for the Standard Business Plan trial with just myself and another user

My trail ends in 2 days and I need to choose a new plan asap

Can I downgrade to the “PLUS for Individuals” and can the other person “my website designer” still have access to all my files (but not amend them)

Alas D/Box keeps trying to force the Business Standard or Advanced Plan on me and to be forced to pay the extra person - “3” as in this current climate $630 per year for approx the only 10GB-15GB I use is too costly
If I choose the Individual Plus Plan will all my approx 8GB files/photos/videos get lost or stay? And if I can keep them can I give access to just 1 person my website designer as a “Shared Folder” Link
Sorry for all the questions

In all help sections I can’t find the answer to my particular predicament
Can somebody please help me? 🙏
Kind Regards Gareth
1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: What happens when I downgrade from Business to Plus Individual

Dropboxer

Hi @GarethOwen, I'd be more than happy to help out with all your questions!

If you're not planning on continuing the Dropbox Business trial, I'd recommend doing the following in the order listed:

Once you do that, you can upgrade to a Plus (2TBs of space) or Professional (3TBs of space) subscription from this link

When you convert another member to a Basic account, any shared content that they was added while they were in the team won't be transferred. 

For this reason, you'll have to send it to them as a shared folder with viewing permissions again.

As for the files, when you downgrade and your content exceeds the amount of available storage, your files won't be removed. 

Instead, you'll stop syncing until you upgrade, which means that you won't be able to add new or edit existing content. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?