cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you on accessibility tools and features for Dropbox - get involved in the conversation here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when a promo code expires? Are my files accessible?

What happens when a promo code expires? Are my files accessible?

Leannekel04
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi all,

When I got my HP laptop I got a free dropbox account where I could storage up to 100GB of files. I got an email from Dropbox recently to say: 

'When you got your HP device, you received 100 GB of additional Dropbox space for 12 months. That additional space expires on 13 July 2022.

If you're over your 2 GB limit after 13 July 2022, you'll no longer be able to save new files to Dropbox.'

I dont need to upload anything else to Dropbox but I wasnt sure if there would be an issue with me accessing them after this date. If any knows I would greatly appreciate it 🙂

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You will be able to access them, however, all syncing will stop - so things not on your computer will not download to your computer and changes to files will not upload/download until you are back below quota

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You will be able to access them, however, all syncing will stop - so things not on your computer will not download to your computer and changes to files will not upload/download until you are back below quota

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Leannekel04
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ah thats perfect, thanks for explaining and for replying so quickly 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Leannekel04 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?