cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I don't need 2TB but only a bit more of space?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi. It seems crazy that Dropbox accounts go from FREE (2GB) to $156/yr (2TB). What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Accounts

Super User II
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

You either upgrade to 2 TB, or try to earn some free space through the referral system. Dropbox has trialed smaller plans multiple times in the past, and they weren't effective.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

You either upgrade to 2 TB, or try to earn some free space through the referral system. Dropbox has trialed smaller plans multiple times in the past, and they weren't effective.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich. I appreciate that. I have earned a bit throught the referral system, but at only 250 MB at a time one has to be quote focused on it. Do you find that?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

... but at only 250 MB at a time one has to be quote focused on it. Do you find that?

You should be earning 500 MB per referral. I maxed mine out in the early days of my account (32 referrals for a total of 16GB earned when I was on a Basic account). It takes a little time, but it's pretty easy to do.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

K. Thanks Rich.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?