cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I don't need 2TB but only a bit more of space?

What if I don't need 2TB but only a bit more of space?

pfmuir
New member | Level 2

Hi. It seems crazy that Dropbox accounts go from FREE (2GB) to $156/yr (2TB). What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accounts

Rich
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

You either upgrade to 2 TB, or try to earn some free space through the referral system. Dropbox has trialed smaller plans multiple times in the past, and they weren't effective.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

What if you'll never use 2TB, but need slightly more than 2GB??? Any thoughts?

You either upgrade to 2 TB, or try to earn some free space through the referral system. Dropbox has trialed smaller plans multiple times in the past, and they weren't effective.

View solution in original post

pfmuir
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich. I appreciate that. I have earned a bit throught the referral system, but at only 250 MB at a time one has to be quote focused on it. Do you find that?

Rich
Super User II

@pfmuir wrote:

... but at only 250 MB at a time one has to be quote focused on it. Do you find that?

You should be earning 500 MB per referral. I maxed mine out in the early days of my account (32 referrals for a total of 16GB earned when I was on a Basic account). It takes a little time, but it's pretty easy to do.

pfmuir
New member | Level 2

K. Thanks Rich.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pfmuir New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?