cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What subscription do I need to share with others without taking up their space?

Highlighted

What subscription do I need to share with others without taking up their space?

New member | Level 2

What type of account do I need to be able to add team members to files, to where they can add and edit documents or photos.....but for it not to impact their own dropbox space? I have 2 TB but when one of my employees went to add pictures to our picture file it made her download all of the photos I had already had in the file, thus causing her to upgrade and pay for more storage. 

I want to be able to add 6 of my teachers/employees to certain files within my dropbox without impacting their own......What type of account do I need? I have 2 accounts. Dropbox Plus for my personal and Dropbox Basic for my business. Not even sure how or why I have 2 accounts and if I need to consolidate or what? Please help! Technology is not my forte nor my fan!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: My Account

Dropboxer

Hey @Nikki24, you've come to the right place, we'll make you a Dropbox ace! 

When you send users a shared folder, it will always take space in their accounts, whether they have editing or view-only permissions. 

One option that you could look into is a Business (team) subscription. You can check out more info about how to use it in this link and this one

If you don't want to upgrade, the other option is to send content for others to view without impacting their storage with a shared link and allow them to upload files to your account through file requests

I understand that this might be a lot of info to look through, but let me know if you have any questions. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thank you! Ok so I would rather just be able for them to have acess so that I dont have to share the link each time so I am thinking the Business subscription is the one I need. Now like I said in my previous comment....I have 2 accounts/users, one personal and one for my company. One basic and one plus. Do I need to combine those and just have 1 with the Business account? Thank you again!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It's up to you, @Nikki24

One option is to keep both, upgrade one of them, and then connect them. That way, you can switch from your personal to your work account, and vice versa. 

The other option is to merge the contents into one account and upgrade it.

The final decision is yours, no doubt - but if you need any help, I'll be about. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?