cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What will happens to more than 3 linked devices if I downgrade from Plus to Basic?

What will happens to more than 3 linked devices if I downgrade from Plus to Basic?

SebastianShin
New member | Level 2

I have been using dropbox basic plan more than 10 years and over 10 devices are connected. The storage space is 20GB thanks to refer program.

Recently, one of my main PC's hard drive has some issues, and unfortunately I should relink the dropbox folder and as you know, you need to remove already connected devices due to the limitation of 3.

So this is my idea. Upgrade to trial plus and connect all deviced that I want and quit plus.

My questions are

1. Will all connected devices be connected after downgrading to basic?

2. Will I keep my current 20GB storaged after downgrading to basic?

2 Replies 2

Re: What will happens to more than 3 linked devices if I downgrade from Plus to Basic?

Mark
Super User II

1) they will stay connected BUT you will not be able to add any more - so if one gets disconnected by mistake etc. you cannot re-add it. 

2) you will probably have less as referral space doubles while you are a paying user. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SebastianShin
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Mark!

I love the no. 1 solution. However, it is pretty sad if I lose 20gb which I have made during last 10 years after downgrading to basck from plus.

Hmm.

Need more support?