cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I downgraded, I lost some earned quota, why?

When I downgraded, I lost some earned quota, why?

tym07
Explorer | Level 3

I upgraded my account to 2TM. However, when my account was downgraded from 2TB back to the free account, I lost some earned GBs. Any idea why this happened?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost GBs

Jay
Dropboxer
Referrals have always been 500 MB each. When you upgrade, they are changed to 1 GB for the duration of the paid subscription, 

Once you downgrade, all referrals return to being 500 MB each, even if you earned new referrals during the paid plan.

From the info you've provided, most likely you have 6 completed referrals on your account, as you were reduced by 3 GB.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @tym07, thanks for joining the Community!

When you downgrade from a paid plan, you shouldn't lose any earned quota you previously had.

How much quota do you believe you lost? Upon downgrading, all that would change is that referrals would be 500 MB each, instead of 1 GB on a paid plan.

Did you have any quota from a temporary promotional offer that expired? What do you see on this page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tym07
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response. I believe I lost 3 BG of data storage

When I used the link you gave me to check on the data I currently have, it reads 9.88GB.

However, as you can see on the attached screen shot, I had 12.88 beforehand. I took a picture of the screen before I upgraded to make sure I remember how much GB I had before the upgrade. The promotional referral used to be 1GB, as you can see in the screenshot. 

It might be 500MG now, but when it was earned, it was 1GB. Shouldn't I be entitled to that amount?Before .png

Jay
Dropboxer
Referrals have always been 500 MB each. When you upgrade, they are changed to 1 GB for the duration of the paid subscription, 

Once you downgrade, all referrals return to being 500 MB each, even if you earned new referrals during the paid plan.

From the info you've provided, most likely you have 6 completed referrals on your account, as you were reduced by 3 GB.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

tym07
Explorer | Level 3

Ok. That must have been what happened. Thanks.

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, @tym07, if you have any further queries, feel free to ask!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?