cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Many of us begin our Dropbox journey with a Basic Account, which has so many perks, and of course, it is free! Learn all about how to get the most from your plan here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan do I still have my old "earned" space available?

When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan do I still have my old "earned" space available?

jensolafkoch
New member | Level 2

Hello!

Well, the subject asks it all, I guess:

When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan (which i want to check out but maybe cancel later) do I still have my old "earned" space available - or do I start from scratch?

Thanks for any help!

Kind regards,

Jens Olaf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan do j still have my old "earned" space

Rich
Super User II

@jensolafkoch wrote:

When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan (which i want to check out but maybe cancel later) do I still have my old "earned" space available - or do I start from scratch?

Yes, though any referral space you had earned would have doubled when you upgraded to a paid plan, so it will be halved back to what it was when you go back to a non-paid plan. Basically, referrals are 500Mb each when you're on a free plan and 1Gb each when you're on a paid plan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: When I return to the basic plan from a paid plan do j still have my old "earned" space

Rich
Super User II

@jensolafkoch wrote:

Yes, though any referral space you had earned would have doubled when you upgraded to a paid plan, so it will be halved back to what it was when you go back to a non-paid plan. Basically, referrals are 500Mb each when you're on a free plan and 1Gb each when you're on a paid plan.

jensolafkoch
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Rich!

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jensolafkoch New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?