cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to join my team, I get that there was a problem completing this request. Help!

Highlighted

When trying to join my team, I get that there was a problem completing this request. Help!

Explorer | Level 3

I have been invited to join my team's Dropbox Business account as we start to work from home, but on every occasion I attempt to 'Join the Team' and dutifully fill out my details I'm met with the same error. The Admin has resent the invite on multiple occasions and I've been able to trigger the invite by attempting to create an account through Dropbox without success. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: There was a problem completing this request. Please try later

New member | Level 2

Hi Dgula,

Happy to report there was, but you will need the Admin's help. Steps that worked for me and two other team members below:

So, here's what your Admin needs to know so please forward them those steps directly: 

Firstly, we will need to delete the existing team invite.

To do this:

- Click on the Members tab in the Admin console
- On the right, change the Member type from "Active" to "Invited" to display a list of all invited users
- Click the gear icon beside the team member
- Select “Delete”

After this has been done, create a free Basic account under the desired email address. Once you have access to the Basic account you'll be prompted to verify their email address, ensure they do this too.

Once complete, please have your admin re-invite you to onboard the team.

If you're not getting the new verification email, please verify your email address from here: (again, once you've created your free, Basic account)

https://www.dropbox.com/help/sign-in/verify-email

This will then push them down the team join flow.

Hope that solves the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @EricCuffs; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'll be glad to look into this for you so please let me know if you'd like me to reach out via the email address that's connected to your profile here. 

In the meantime, could you try another browser and let me know if you're still getting the same error? In case you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot so we can have a visual too. 

Thanks a bunch Eric!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, thanks for contacting me. Please email me at [personal information removed by Moderators for security purposes]. I've tried multiple browsers. Screenshot attached. Thanks.1.jpg

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @EricCuffs!

I've reached out to the email address that's connected to your profile here on our Community so we can look further into this matter.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Any resolution to this issue? I have a colleague encountering the same error.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Dgula,

Happy to report there was, but you will need the Admin's help. Steps that worked for me and two other team members below:

So, here's what your Admin needs to know so please forward them those steps directly: 

Firstly, we will need to delete the existing team invite.

To do this:

- Click on the Members tab in the Admin console
- On the right, change the Member type from "Active" to "Invited" to display a list of all invited users
- Click the gear icon beside the team member
- Select “Delete”

After this has been done, create a free Basic account under the desired email address. Once you have access to the Basic account you'll be prompted to verify their email address, ensure they do this too.

Once complete, please have your admin re-invite you to onboard the team.

If you're not getting the new verification email, please verify your email address from here: (again, once you've created your free, Basic account)

https://www.dropbox.com/help/sign-in/verify-email

This will then push them down the team join flow.

Hope that solves the problem.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?