cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my account's settings to change my email address?

Highlighted

Where are my account's settings to change my email address?

New member | Level 2

Old Email

I recently had to sign in, and as a security measure, a code was sent to my oLD email. Luckily I could access it, BUT I don't want to use this email in future. How do I stop stuff being sent to it.

I can't finf the old email anywhere in my settings

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Email

Dropboxer

Hi @andyshrimpton1965; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

You can change your account's email address in your account's settings online. For your convenience, here's a direct link to that page:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions, Andy. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
I get a message saying the email address is already being used. It is the email I now use. So what can I do now?
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Gayle81!

Just to clarify, are you trying to change the email currently linked with your Dropbox account to a different email when you get this error?

From what you mentioned, it suggests there's already a Dropbox account under this new email address.

So, for you to be able to use this new email on your current Dropbox account, you would need to access the account associated with the new email first.

If you're not aware of this account, can you try requesting a password reset from here for the new email?

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?