cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where has our space gone?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

We're trying to figure out where all our space went to. We earned almost 65GB and now it says we only have 19.98MB? It's like we're being forced to upgrade but we did all of the things we were asked to to earn the space we had.

We also need to change our email address anyway because we don't have access to the email anymore but we have a lot of important information in our dropbox and we don't want to lose it but we feel like it's false advertising to give the space and then take it away and force us to upgrade. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SPACE

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

I'm going to assume the "19.98MB" is a typo, and you really mean "19.98GB".

The only way you can earn 65GB of space is via a promotion, and none of the promotions that Dropbox has run has been permanent - to achieve 65GB you will have needed to have had the Samsung 48GB 2 year promotion, and that has now expired.

No false advertising, as the Samsung promotion has always been advertised as a 2 year limited offer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

I'm going to assume the "19.98MB" is a typo, and you really mean "19.98GB".

The only way you can earn 65GB of space is via a promotion, and none of the promotions that Dropbox has run has been permanent - to achieve 65GB you will have needed to have had the Samsung 48GB 2 year promotion, and that has now expired.

No false advertising, as the Samsung promotion has always been advertised as a 2 year limited offer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My Samsung 48GB promotion expires too. Is there any way I can keep 50 GB storage? I do not need 1 TB storage which is paid for. Isn´t there any smaller storage option?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Is there any way I can keep 50 GB storage?

No. Samsung only provided the space to you for two years.

Isn´t there any smaller storage option?

No, there are no plans smaller than 1TB. This used to be a 100GB plan, but they increased it to 1TB for the same price (you get more space for the same money).

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi

I have question concerning this topic

I just received notification about expiration of Samsung 48GB promotion in 2 months. It doesn't say exactly what will happen with my data over 2GB after expiration. Will be lost? All I won't just be able to upload further data?

Thanks

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Your data will not be lost, but you won't be able to sync, or add or change data, until you're back below your quota.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thanks for answer.

Just to be 100% sure - Will I be still able to download data? Thx

Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

You will be able to access your data via the Dropbox website, or via the previously synced copy in your Dropbox folder, but *syncing* will not resume until you bring the account back under your limit.

Be aware also that Dropbox reserves the right to randomly remove files from your Dropbox account if the account is left over quota for an extended period (months) - this is to ensure you do not gain a benefit which is not being paid for.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?