cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the account I'm paying for?

Where is the account I'm paying for?

OsborneBox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! I'm being charged 11.99 for months for the account I haven't been able to locate. Payment receipts come in through PayPal. When I log in to Dropbox with both emails that I use, Dropbox says I only have 2GB of storage - the free plan. So the question is how can I find and log in to the account I am paying for? If that is not possible, I also don't know how to cancel the payment? 

Any help will be much appreciated! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OsborneBox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,

Thnx, I figured it out another way.

Unfortunately, the receipt that is sent by PayPal doesn't include the 12-digit code, nor it is included in the payment data in the csv exported from PayPal.

The link you have provided is great and would solve my issue sooner or later; there was a possibility of further assistance in case the reference number is missing.

Many thanks and have a good day.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @OsborneBox, thanks for joining our Community.

Have you tried using our payment lookup tool, to find out which account the payments are for?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

OsborneBox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Hannah,

Thnx, I figured it out another way.

Unfortunately, the receipt that is sent by PayPal doesn't include the 12-digit code, nor it is included in the payment data in the csv exported from PayPal.

The link you have provided is great and would solve my issue sooner or later; there was a possibility of further assistance in case the reference number is missing.

Many thanks and have a good day.

Gabriellamaze
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I really am upset with this company I am pying for something I dont want nor need nor asked for you are removing funds from my paypal account every month for what I need to speak with a real person please I am old and dont know what the heck is going on or how to solve this as my computer skills are not great please help in this climate having funds removed each month is killing me  help !!!! calling your number does not help also another bot help  

Georgec01
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
How can I find my account if I have no transaction id and I don't know what email I used ? I only can provide my card data

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Georgec01 wrote:
How can I find my account if I have no transaction id and I don't know what email I used ? I only can provide my card data

Contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

joewarioba
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I am being charged for Dropbox plus £9.99 but on my account it says that I have Dropbox basic. Can someone help me with this please?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @joewarioba , welcome to our Community! 

I'm here to help. I just sent you an email, in order for us to look into this closely. 

Reply back to me and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TLC1138
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello, I've been getting billed for my Premium account, yet continue to have no access to it. Payments have come out the last two months, and I'm tired of trying to deal with Dropbox thru a bot. I keep getting emails to "upgrade" into a paid sub (which I already have) and my account is showing over 200% usage at this point. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TLC1138 wrote:
I've been getting billed for my Premium account, yet continue to have no access to it.

You likely have two accounts, and probably created a new account instead of upgrading your existing account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're paying for.

Failing that, you would need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BruceScott Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    TLC1138 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?