cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which plan do I need for others to be able to read my files?

Highlighted

Which plan do I need for others to be able to read my files?

New member | Level 2

i teach a seminar..i would like to use drop box for the 30 members of the seminar to be able to read selected papers that i put on drop box. i only want them to read the papers and not edit.

what would that cost. and can i have 20 people go to the drop box to read the papers and have access. can they download from drop box..which plan should i use..thanks so much Dr.Rudolph Bauer

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Which plan do I need for others to be able to read my files?

Dropboxer
Hi there @Rudy6

Initially, please note that, for security reasons, sharing an account with others is not recommended. You can find more info about this in this article.  

Moving on to your main concern, if you want to share with others but you don’t want them to be able to edit the files, you have a few options. 

The first one that comes to mind is that you can place all the files in a folder and:
  • Send it as a shared folder with view-only permissions (users must have a Dropbox account).
  • Or, send them a shared link to the folder (users don’t need a Dropbox account). 

Another idea is that you can share each file individually as a shared file or create a separate shared link for each. 

You can find more info about shared folders and shared files here, and more on shared links here

Finally, please note that you don’t need a paid subscription to use shared folders, shared files and shared links. 

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?