Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why I can't create a Dropbox paper file from my Dropbox account?

Explorer | Level 3

I have two accounts, one of them allows me to create a paper file from Dropbox, but the other one doesn't. Why that?

As you can see, from this account I can create a paper file using Dropbox:Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 5.53.21 PM.png

But, this one doesn't:

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 6.00.11 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why I can't create a Dropbox paper file from my Dropbox account?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Eliezer - how are you today?

It looks like one of your accounts was created more recently than the other - right? 

As you noticed, for some accounts Paper docs now reside in the Dropbox folder. Paper docs and Dropbox files will be accessible in the same place alongside all your other Dropbox content.

You will see Paper docs as .paper files, and Paper templates as .papert files in your Dropbox folder on the web and Finder/Windows Explorer. Additionally, the Paper tab will be removed from the Dropbox website menu. You will access your Paper docs just as you do any other file on Dropbox.

Paper docs created with the Paper 2020 release (the newer account): 

1. Are stored and managed in your Dropbox Home on dropbox.com with your other Dropbox files and folders

2. Are stored in the Dropbox folder on your computer, if you use the Dropbox desktop application

Paper docs created with the Legacy version (the older account)

1. Can’t be stored in the Dropbox folder on their computer or in the Dropbox folder on your computer

2. Will continue to be saved separately on paper.dropbox.com not on dropbox.com

3. Will keep appearing on paper.dropbox.com in your recent or suggested files lists but not on dropbox.com

This is the reason why you're getting different options on different accounts. 

I hope this clears things up and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Why I can't create a Dropbox paper file from my Dropbox account?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Eliezer - how are you today?

It looks like one of your accounts was created more recently than the other - right? 

As you noticed, for some accounts Paper docs now reside in the Dropbox folder. Paper docs and Dropbox files will be accessible in the same place alongside all your other Dropbox content.

You will see Paper docs as .paper files, and Paper templates as .papert files in your Dropbox folder on the web and Finder/Windows Explorer. Additionally, the Paper tab will be removed from the Dropbox website menu. You will access your Paper docs just as you do any other file on Dropbox.

Paper docs created with the Paper 2020 release (the newer account): 

1. Are stored and managed in your Dropbox Home on dropbox.com with your other Dropbox files and folders

2. Are stored in the Dropbox folder on your computer, if you use the Dropbox desktop application

Paper docs created with the Legacy version (the older account)

1. Can’t be stored in the Dropbox folder on their computer or in the Dropbox folder on your computer

2. Will continue to be saved separately on paper.dropbox.com not on dropbox.com

3. Will keep appearing on paper.dropbox.com in your recent or suggested files lists but not on dropbox.com

This is the reason why you're getting different options on different accounts. 

I hope this clears things up and please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?