cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I unable to choose three devices to link and redeem a Quicken promotion?

Why am I unable to choose three devices to link and redeem a Quicken promotion?

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4

Why am I unable to choose the three devices to link to my dropbox account?

9 Replies 9

Free Storage

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4

I am entitled to 2 GB (?) of free storage as a Dropbox customer. In addition I purchase 5 GB (?) of Dropbox stoarage though my Quicken subscription. Yet my total staorage is 5.25 GB (?) rather than 7. Why is this? How do I complain about this when it is impossible to cobtact Dropbox technical support?

Re: Free Storage

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi @ballastmrj, thanks for posting your questions here. 

I moved them all under one discussion, so that we can look into both without shifting from one thread to another. 

You can connect a device to your account by simply signing in on the desktop app or the mobile app. 

Are you having trouble logging in on a computer, mobile, or tablet?

As for the space, did you go through the steps to redeem the Quicken promotion?

If you got any error messages, send me a screenshot of them. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4
I have tried to sign in to my Dropbox from my laptop and am unable to do so

Daphne
Dropboxer
Are you being prompted that you already have 3 devices connected to your account @ballastmrj, when you try and sign in from your laptop?

If you had the app installed on other devices which you've since removed, it could be that they weren't correctly unlinked from the account.

Can you check your security page here, and remove any devices (by clicking the trash icon next to the entry) that you're no longer using?

If you had the app installed before on this laptop, and it's still showing as connected, please remove this entry so that you can re-link the device as new.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4
Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. It’s very difficult, if not impossible, to contact Dropbox technical support.

I used to have Dropbox sync to my desktop, my laptop, my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone. When I ran low on storage, I received a prompt to upgrade to Dropbox plus. I am no longer close to my storage limit since I manually deleted a number of redundant Quicken backup files. However, the seem to be at my limit of two devices - my desktop and my iPhone.

Please help!!

Daphne
Dropboxer
Basic accounts have a 3 device limit, so if you're only currently using 2 devices there must still be an older device still connected to your account @ballastmrj.

Did you check your security page online here?

How many devices do you see connected there?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks. I found one device which I apparently haven’t used in years. I have removed it. Now I’ll retry using the ‘new’ devices - my laptop and my wife’s iPhone and iPad. I’ll keep you posted

ballastmrj
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Daphne - I am attempting to paste a screenshot here without success

Walter
Dropboxer
If the option to choose a file to upload (in your reply's box) isn't working for you, you could share a link to it instead @ballastmrj.

Keep us posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?