cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why can't I add a signature and avatar?

Helpful | Level 6

I'm trying to add a signature and avatar to my profile here on the Dropbox Community. I can't find the place to add a signature in my settings. My avatar options are limited, can I choose my own? I think there may be some sort of limit as I'm a new user, not sure.

Did my post help solve your issue or question? Great! Please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help others find it.

Do you still need further assistance? Please provide further details into your issue so I can better assist you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why can't I add a signature and avatar?

Super User II
Super User II
I believe custom avatars become available to you once you reach Level 3 on the forums. You're currently Level 2.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Ed

You can change your profile by going here:

-Click on your avatar on the upper right hand corner

-in the menu that will open select settings

-uner Personal/username you can put a new username that you want to use in the forum

-under avatar you can upload one that you want

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks, Isabella. I think you missed one part from my post above. The only avatars I see are the pre-loaded ones. I'm trying to upload my own. Also, do you know how to go about adding a signature?

Did my post help solve your issue or question? Great! Please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help others find it.

Do you still need further assistance? Please provide further details into your issue so I can better assist you.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi, 

In the Avatars page in settings, you will see under "current avatars" the option to upload your own avatar. Under user name you can put an Alias that you want to go by.

Hope this helps

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I said nothing about an alias, I want to add a signature to my posts. Also, no upload option appears for me.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Hi DJ

When you go to settings for the signature you go:

Settings -> Personal Information (which is the submenu underneath Settings) -> Personal Information and signature is the second one down.

The Avatar one is at Avatars and there should be the wording 'Upload' above the default ones.

This software is new and it is possible that some gremlins are lurking around, so if it isnt working properly on any of the above could you post a screenshot please?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I don't see the signature spot.

Upload an Avatar just appeared. It must have been with one of my recent achievements. Possibly some sort of level or reward you have to get?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Thanks for the screen shot! Interesting.... I actually thought you could do it at Level 2, but, I could be wrong.

I'm going to try and contact Ed the forum manager for you, but, he is on holiday in Brazil at present so it may take some time.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Okay, great! That would be wonderful.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey DJ

Mark just pinged me here - your image was under approval and I just approved it. Your signature should work too. Let me know if not!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?