cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to pay to put files into a folder that someone else shared with me?

Why do I have to pay to put files into a folder that someone else shared with me?

PRG1
New member | Level 2

This is a total scam.   Why do I have to PAY to put items into a folder that another drop box client who ALREADY paid for?

This seems like a complete scam.  I looked up Dropbox's customer ratings and it is getting 1.5 stars out of five - (about the lowest I have ever seen)  so I called the phone number to try and find out if this scam was true.   

I got the computer wasting my time and giving no answers and NO opportunity to talk to a person or to register a complaint.  The stoic brick wall of ZERO customer service - proof is that I have to post here  to get any information.  

I need to find out if this scam is actually as I suspect before I register a complaint with the FTC, Consumer Protection Agency, the BBB and maybe contact a lawyer.   

So.......Is this true?  Do I have to PAY to put files into someone else's folder. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Why do I have to pay to put files into a folder that someone else shared with me?

Mark
Super User II

The scam would be the phone number I'm afraid - Dropbox doesnt have any except for paying Business users.

But yes, Dropbox does require all users in a share to have the required amount of storage. Nothing illegal etc. with that. Its just the way it is here. But no, you do not have to pay if your quota is big enough. If it isnt, or the folder you want to use is too large, then yes you do. Now obviously as this is a client I assume you just charge them for it anyway. 

Thankfully its a free market so if you dont like the service you can of course use another. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?