cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my promotional Quicken extra quota expired?

Why has my promotional Quicken extra quota expired?

aalexorr
Explorer | Level 3

Can Dropbox restore this?

I had 15 GB of exrtra space that is now gone, even with my Quicken subscription still intact.  I did decide to renew  my Quicken subscription to see if this would produce a new coupon code.  It did not.  All of my past coupon codes no longer work.  Do I turn to Quicken or Dropbox support for this?

Dropbox support, as you all know, is fairly non-existent.  This and a useless Chatbot.  Oh well...

Thanks for your help.

8 Replies 8

Re: Why has my promotional Quicken extra quota expired?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @aalexorr, thanks for posting on the Community!

Generally, promotional offers for extra quota have an expiry date, and it wouldn’t be possible to redeem the same offer twice.

Could you check if you can see the expiry date of your offer on the following page on your account?

Let me know what you find out!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aalexorr
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay:

Thanks for the reply.  Interestingly enough, while I have many old codes there, the most recent one expired in 2015, none of the codes I used that came from Quicken show up there.  Perhaps they are a different type of code -- i.e. not direct from Dropbox, but a "partner" code.

I will pursue this from the other end as well, but Quicken only has a phone line for support with extremely long hold times, so I haven't jumped on that yet.

Best,

AO

Jay
Dropboxer

No worries, keep me posted with any updates!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II

The bonus space you get from Quicken is only good for one year, and mentioned on their own website.

aalexorr
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich:

Thanks for your reply.  I understand that the codes expire.  I have renewed Quicken and assumed I would get new codes.  I guess this is a Quicken issue and not a Dropbox problem.

The fact that the expired codes appear nowhere in the expired codes list on Dropbox is a problem for Dropbox, however.  It would be nice to have a record of the codes used and when they expired.

The only way to contact Quicken is through a phone number with very long wait times.  I may see if I can do this today.

Thanks again,

AO

Quicken 5GB Coupon Says Already Used

BMGRAHAM
New member | Level 2

My Quicken subscription was renewed and this entitles me to a coupon to get 5GB extra storage.  I have had this in the past but the extra storage is gone.  I went to my Quicken account to get the new coupon code and it is telling me that the coupon has already been used.  My subscription with Quicken is good until November so I should have the extra 5GB until at least then.

Re: Quicken 5GB Coupon Says Already Used

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @BMGRAHAM, thanks for reaching out to us. I moved your post here, where other users have expressed similar concerns. 

When you have the chance, check out what's mentioned in this thread and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Re: Quicken 5GB Coupon Says Already Used

BMGRAHAM
New member | Level 2

Thanks. I got it resolved via my contact at Quicken.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?