cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is my account full? I don't want to upgrade my account

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi! I have used dropbox to share photos with friends for a few years, and never experienced that it's full. I have earned a lot of space for making friends join dropbox, and have around 8gb of free space, and I've never upgraded to a paid version. 

Suddenly I got the message that my dropbox was full. I did a "cleaning" of my dropbox, and deleted around 4gb of files, but still my dropbox is full. It looks like my only option is to upgrade and pay for a pro version. I'm not interested in this, as there are other alternatives free of charge on the internet. 

I feel like dropbox is forcing me to pay, and that is not good customer treatment. I will not continue to use dropbox if I can't get a good explanation for why it is "full"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox full?

Super User II
Super User II

Restart the Dropbox client (or reboot your computer) and let it re-index your files. You can look at your account page to see how much space you're using in your account, separated into regular files, shared files and available.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Restart the Dropbox client (or reboot your computer) and let it re-index your files. You can look at your account page to see how much space you're using in your account, separated into regular files, shared files and available.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I didn't know whether I should start a new one or not, I'm having a similar issue. 

On my phone, each time I try to upload to my dropbox so that I can access the files on my computer, a message stating "Dropbox too full!!" appears on my phone. 

Yet, I emptied most of the contect and uninstalled it (disabled it on my phone), reinstalled and cleared the cache and still the same outcome. I've followed the suggested advice on the helpdesk and still nothing!

Any further advice?

Jenny

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

What does your account page show for your space usage?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi

It says I'm using 303.9 MB of 2GB. 

Jenny

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same here! Deleted most of the files and still the remark that it's full!... :-(

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?