cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account disabled?

Why was my account disabled?

toannguyen2020
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Company account with email (quandinh@**** like email Dropbox of me) has been disabled from Saturday, July 11, 2020.

Dropbox hasn't emailed notification?

This account is used for business.

Please help me!

115 Replies 115

Jacopo Conte
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No warning emails.

No time to have time to recover your files.

Without warning, you allow yourself to deactivate the account of those who have been paying you for years.

I have had Dropbox for more than 10 years with the account that you had been disabled and I still think that as a service it is excellent and has many excellent features, so much so that I have created accounts for more than ten companies of my clients.

Unfortunately, the situation is different when I think about how you are managing me and the many other people who have seen their account deleted without warning.

It seems absurd to me.

Kim25
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox team! I've experienced the same issue. My account has been disabled and I wanted to see if I can recover my files.  There are some important files in there. I access my Dropbox regularly and paid for business membership. I'm not sure what went wrong.

I've raised a ticket a few days ago and wondering if you can advise me further about my case.  My ticket number is #13494947. 

Thank you very much in advance! 🙂 

bogrosnounours
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
You ll not recover anything unless your case get in the hand of domrone examining your d box content thst will confirm if really or not you broke some rules that put the company in a place that you had illegal content .

So if you know this already. You'll not recover anything .

Easus data recovery made me recover most of my content by the way

Geekymage
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have the same issue I was using it from app
Can anyone help

j4kconsulting
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi .... I faced the same situation. The account was suddenly disabled and I really urgently need to get back on.

I have got ticket number Ticket #17131565. How long will it take for someone to contact me?

Thanks a lot.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @j4kconsulting, I can see that a support agent has replied to your ticket, please could you check their reply and respond to them if you have any further queries.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    j4kconsulting New member | Level 2
    Geekymage New member | Level 2
    bogrosnounours Helpful | Level 7
    Kim25 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?