cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my account disabled?

Highlighted

Why was my account disabled?

Explorer | Level 4

I am a very active user of my Dropbox account, always uploading my art onto it, though yesterday around 9pm, without warning, I got a message saying my account was disabled when trying to change my password (I thought I had simply misremembered it). I wonder why this happened, I contacted support and am still waiting on a response. I had to create a new account altogether to be able to type this up.

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: Why was my account disabled?

Dropboxer

Hi @ErickMP98, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Was your Dropbox account part of a Dropbox Business team, meaning a team admin could have disabled your account, or was it a personal account?

If the latter, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link. From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email you use to login to Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

It was a personal account. I've already contacted support yet with no response. I tried the link you had given me to no avail as the only two options there were to ask the Community (which I'm doing now) or Dropbot. The bot did not work, it was kind of upsetting to see that only paid users are able to speak with an actual person, and my only paid account is the one thing I can't use so I'm kind of stuck here.

Incredibly ridiculous that this happens without warning and are completely unable to retrieve any files before anything else happens, years and years of files gone- just like that. Unbelievable. It's been about 2 days with no response still, signing into my old account is futile as it is disabled. Is there someone of higher management I can bring this to? I need my files back, at the very least put back onto one of my drives.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Did you access the link from an incognito/private browsing window, while not logged into any account?If you scroll down the page, you'll get an option to contact the team directly.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

@ErickMP98 I had this exact same thing happen to me back in July and STILL have had no response from support. Zero communication from them. And yet they are still charging me for my account that I can't even access. It's the same situation with the sudden inability to log in, thinking I forgot my password, and then getting the account disabled notification when I tried to change my password. Simply unacceptable.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @GDale08, I'm sorry to hear about this.

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account you're using to access the forum, clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible.

Keep me posted!

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Thanks, but I submitted a support ticket on July 27th regarding this issue and have still not received a response. I don't know that anyone has even reviewed it. I submitted a second ticket today, although I'm afraid that might muddy the waters. I would appreciate if I could get in contact with someone, or if you could even check the status of my original ticket.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Do you have a ticket ID from the automated email response so I can check it here? It should be 8 digits long.

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, it's 11157635. Thank you for looking into this.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I've submitted a ticket already, yet with no response still. I need someone to check its status because I'm unable to. It is Ticket no. 11329803 .

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?