cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my trial not cancelled?

Highlighted

Why was my trial not cancelled?

Explorer | Level 3

I cancelled my free Professional trial well before the ending date and still got an email stating that I was being upgraded to Dropbox Professional and that the email served as my receipt. I tried calling the phone number but just got rerouted back online to which support is not really available. WHERE is live support and how can I get this resolved? I did not authorize this upgrade nor did I let the promotial timeline expire, my account had been reverted back to just basic. Anyone have a similar issue and how do you actually get in contact with Dropbox!!

Chris

[Email address removed by moderator]

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Why was my trial not cancelled?

Dropboxer

Hi @chchrisp17, thanks for posting on the Community!

When you activated the Dropbox Professional trial, did you do it from the Dropbox site directly, or via the mobile app?

Did you cancel it from the site or the app? Do you see the upgrade confirmed on the payments page?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I did all through the site directly. There isn't an charge listed on the payments page, however a charge for $212.93 showed up on my credit card on 5/4. And my account just shows as the basic. How do I get my refund?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If you did it through the site directly, then it sounds like you are signed into a different account to which the payment was made on originally.

Try using the card lookup tool to see if you can locate which account this blongs to.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I tracked the charge and it says it was attached to [Removed as per Community Guidelines]. The issue is that I have two emails that go to the same place. [Removed as per Community Guidelines]. I was able to log onto the account that the charge was attached to, however why were there two trials going at a time? The email that I recieved for the upgrade notice and to view payment did not show any transactions. Is there a direct customer service rep that I can speak to get this all sorted out?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Most likely, you logged into both accounts and created individual trials for those accounts. Dropbox doesn't see the two emails as the same account, which is why you had two trials running. 

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions. If you have any further queries about the payment, as this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as much info as possible. 

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I'm fairly certain I only chose the free trial once and not on multiple accounts, I wasn't even aware that there were more than one account, unless signing in directly with google created a different account. I will look into the billing support link provided as I am looking for a full refund.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?